Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for its 2023 Scholarship award.
The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of need-based scholarship awards and fee-paying places in some United World Colleges (UWCS) for enrollment in September 2023.
About Nigerian National Committee Annual (UWC)
United World Colleges (UWC) is a global movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. At UWC, we inspire young people to put their talents and energy into social change, no matter which future path they choose. We select promising, passionate students from all over the world, and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to make a difference.
Requirements for UWC Scholarship Award Qualification
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC / GCE O’Levels or their recognized equivalent
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years (birth certificate required)
- Candidates must also submit an essay and Principal’s recommendation with their application.
Interview date, Process and Venue for UWC Scholarship Award
- In the past, shortlisted candidates have been invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School, Apapa, Lagos.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Committee will monitor the situation carefully and determine the most appropriate way to conduct the selection exercise in December 2022 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
Note: If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: Email: email@example.com ; Tel: 07011397295 , 09011221956
October 7, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian National Committee Annual (UWC) on www.ng.uwc.org to apply
An application fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) is payable on submission of the application, while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may pay a reduced fee of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only).
Payment is by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favour of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call: 09011221956 / WhatsApp: 07011397295 for account details). Alternatively,pay through Flutterwave Payment Gateway on our website: www.ng.uwc.org
Forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at any of our purchasing and submitting centres below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre),
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center),
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
All Applications must be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the application period at any of the aforementioned centres above or scanned and sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application form, click here