Security Intelligence Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.
We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programmed and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Intelligence Analyst
Reference ID: R73859
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Security Intelligence Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewable, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible
Where you fit in:
- The Security Intelligence Analyst is Port Harcourt based and will be responsible for collecting and collating all available security related information with the objective of identifying trends and threats that may impact SPDC assets and operations in its areas of operations and analyzing same for the provision of timely tactical and strategic intelligence in support of Company Operations.
What’s the role?
Your further account-abilities will include:
- Research, evaluate and analyze security information from diverse sources to support security decision making.
- Preparing actionable security reports, including Threat Assessments (TAs), security updates, conduct Security Risk Assessment (SRAs) and threat updates for Security leadership.
- Research and evaluate information derived from multiple sources, select essential elements, and correlate new information with existing information.
- Compile information, analyze findings, make interpretations, and write comprehensive reports.
- Provide regular threat updates to include general summary, key events, threat trends, change in threat and threat assessment.
- Draft intelligence reports.
- Prepare graphs, charts, tables and other visualization vehicles to present data.
- Conduct background research activities on relevant players as well as the drivers of security-related events.
- Provide threat assessment inputs to security activity plans for projects and production activities.
- Maintain an in-depth and current knowledge of the political and security environment in the Shell Operational areas eco-system.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably minimum of 7 to 12 years of working experience in security intelligence and a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Relevant work experience preferably from Security Services organizations.
- Security certification such as Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) is desirable.
- Supervision and managing small teams in high-risk security environment.
- Experience working in the security function of an Oil and Gas Industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and evaluate research findings and recommendations.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to organize and present accurate information in a logical sequence using textual vehicles, graphs, charts, tables and other illustrative devices.
- Ability to handle and exploit information sources.
- Knowledge of corporate and industrial security gained through work experience in either an international or local environment.
- Background in intelligence, at both tactical and strategic levels is essential.
- Sound knowledge of security and broader dimensions in the Onshore and Offshore environment
- Experience of Risk Assessment and Risk Management best practice would be advantageous.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: